Centre for Peace Initiative and Development is a Non-governmental; non-political; non-profit making charitable organisation for promoting peaceful co-existence, good governance and development towards the enhancement of the living standard of the oppressed and the internally displaced people.
Centre for Peace Initiative and Development is a Civil Society Organisation founded in April 2000 with its headquarters in Jos, Plateau State. Imran AbdulRahman is the promoter and the Executive Director /National Coordinator of the Organisation.
Developing and promoting capacity for peaceful co-existence, good governance and development.
To promote peaceful co-existence, good governance and development through research, training, intervention, economic empowerment of youths and women.
1. To concretize the individual and the larger society on the need and the essence of peace in the society.
2. To build capacity for effective handling of conflict at the various levels.
3. To network with other NGOs so as to promote good democratic governance, national unity and development.
4. To effect an economic empowerment of individuals via training, workshops, information dissemination and networking.
5. To work with the various sectors of the society e.g. the media, community based development associations and the security agencies.
6. To embark on research on issues bordering on conflicts as they affect our communities at different levels and to develop the capacity to contribute to their prevention, management and resolutions.
7. To identify, collate and disseminate information and to raise awareness on the need for peace and the consequences of a mismanaged conflict resulting to violence.
8. To establish links with similar institutions.
9. To raise funds through subscriptions, voluntary donations, grants and sales of publications to support our charitable activities.
10. To serve as consultants on peace studies and conflict management to organisations and governmental agencies.
11. To create a forum for inter-faith dialogue and understanding that will enhance a peaceful co-existence.
CEPID is a member of the following Networks:
(iii) CBD-NGO FORUM
CEPID has also collaborated with the following organisations: Interfaith Kaduna (MCDF), FOMWAN, CBD-NGO Forum, PSPIC, Peace and Charity, NAPECO Nasarawa, NTA JOS, IPCR Abuja, SPR&D Abuja, WOLF Abuja, ECJP Gboko, Benue State, COCIN Women Fellowship Jos, I.C.R U.K. etc.
Brief Organizational Description
Centre for Peace Initiative and Development (CEPID) registered as “CEPID INCORPORATED” is an international professional non-governmental Organization, non-political; non-profit making Organization for promoting peaceful co-existence, good governance and development with the “Nigerian State” as its primary area of operation It also seeks to enhance the living standard of the oppressed and the internally displaced persons (in terms of their rights, health and economic empowerment).
The Organisation is run by a Board of Trustees and director in charge of general Policy formulation. While the Management Committee runs the day to day affairs of the organisation.
Mission: Towards developing and promoting peaceful co-existence, good governance and development in Nigeria and across the world.
VISION:- To promote peaceful co-existence, good governance and development through research, training, intervention, advocacy and empowerment of the various stakeholders in the society.
Board of Trustees: